web analytics

9-Patch editor JAR:
[~5.8 Mb] ninepatch-editor-1.29.jar

Information

80 Comments

1. umpidi
    Aug 12, 2014 @ 13:22:35

I have added the jar file in my java swing project( “weblaf-1.25.jar”) & i have checked other ways mentioned in:
    Still not working. I tried importing like “import com.alee.*” but showed up error. Please help how to implement this-”
    WebLookAndFeel.install (); “

Aug 12, 2014 @ 14:44:29

That post is kinda outdated, I recommend you to read this one:

And also take the latest released version from here:

In any case – it seems that haven’t added WebLaF JAR as your project library in IDE you are using.
      You should read about adding libraries in your’s IDE manual if you aren’t sure how to do that.

• umpidi
        Aug 13, 2014 @ 06:40:01

Added everything correctly. & iam getting this for my class “foundation.java”.Please help

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/thoughtworks/xstream/io/HierarchicalStreamDriver
        	at com.alee.laf.WebLookAndFeel$2.propertyChange(WebLookAndFeel.java:855)
        	at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.fire(Unknown Source)
        	at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
        	at javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
        	at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
        	at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(Unknown Source)
        	at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(Unknown Source)
        	at myPRO.myPac.foundation.main(foundation.java:9853)
        Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamDriver
        	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        	... 8 more

Aug 13, 2014 @ 12:38:09

It seems that you have used WebLaF version that doesn’t include libraries WebLaF depends on so you have to include them.

You can download all dependencies from here:
          Attach them in the same way you have attached WebLaF library.

• umpidi
            Aug 13, 2014 @ 19:30:13

Now it worked, Very thanks. Theme is really cool. I would like to know why my JTable contents gets swapped with each click.( On first click, the cell A , gets hidden and cell B highlights & on clicking in cell A , the cell B gets hidden) Is it anything to do with the webLAF install. Thanks in advance.

Aug 13, 2014 @ 20:11:13

I doubt that this is WebLaF issue since it doesn’t affect the way JTable works.
              Most probably you have issues in the table/model code.
              I suggest you to post a question on stackoverflow.

• umpidi
                Aug 20, 2014 @ 07:22:12

Can you please help why i cant assign this: ” com.alee.laf.table.editors.WebGenericEditor cannot be cast to javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor”

Aug 20, 2014 @ 13:50:45

Because WebGenericEditor extends only AbstractCellEditor, not DefaultCellEditor.

• umpidi
                    Aug 20, 2014 @ 19:26:53

Can you please help to make this assignment in my textfield:”
                    JTextField field = (JTextField) ((AbstractCellEditor) table.getCellEditor()).getComponent(); “

2. GuanWeihua
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 22:56:52

chinese characters are not displayed properly. How to solve?

3. Sam
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 17:47:00

Hey!

The coolest project I’ve seen for some time!
    I will use it for some of my private llittle tools and hobby projects!
    Thank you very much!

Sam

Feb 13, 2014 @ 19:24:58

Always welcome πŸ™‚

4. Victor
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 03:00:21

Wow!! This is Awesome, nice work πŸ™‚

5. Durim
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 14:49:47

Hi there!
    I don’t know how to use your look and feel in my Java apps πŸ™

Can anyone tell me, what should I download, and how to set it up ?

Thank you!

6. Vikas
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 18:37:24

Mikle,
    How am I supposed to include web look and feel to my project ?
    I mean I have included the jar file but how to set the UIManager ?
    Please reply with the code to integrate web LaF with my application.
    I appreciste your help,
    Thank you.

7. Sanchit
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:35:04

Hey mike how do i add file chooser from Web LAF API…to my Java Applet ?awesome work!

Nov 27, 2013 @ 14:27:41

You want to use file chooser separately (without installing WebLaF as L&F) or using WebLaF as application L&F?

8. Rene
    Nov 02, 2013 @ 19:18:28

Hi Mike,
    thanks for this great tool. Great job πŸ™‚
    Regards, Rene

9. Ibrahim Aziz
    Oct 17, 2013 @ 07:16:27

I just download it and i’m really statisfied with your tools,
    the eclipse’s default is very inconvenient,
    wondering if android developer tools is developed by adobe :(.

Oct 17, 2013 @ 11:04:12

Heh, thanks πŸ™‚

10. David Archanjo
    Sep 28, 2013 @ 04:52:34

Hi Mikle,
    I’ve been unable to set UI properties programmatically,
    for instance UIManager.getDefaults().put(“OptionPane.okButtonText”, “Go!”),
    ever since I updated my projects with the new release, i.e. v1.21.
    Have any idea what can be wrong ’cause I never face that problem using the old versions.

Thks in Advance..

• David Archanjo
      Sep 28, 2013 @ 05:04:08

Adding to my last note, I could workaround that problem by setting the
      LanguageManager.DEFAULT with my desired language as well as editing the
      language.xml file under com/alee/laf/resources, although the forementioned issue remains.

Thks…

Sep 28, 2013 @ 12:23:27

Well, WebLaF uses its own LanguageManager to manage any translations, so you should simply add a dictionary with proper keys to override default button texts, for example for β€œOptionPane.okButtonText” language key would be “weblaf.optionpane.ok”.

Here is an example dictionary you could load into LanguageManager (after WebLaF initialization) to override your OK button text:

Go!

You can add more languages if you need them (those which you don’t specify simply won’t be overriden). The main idea here – you don’t need to modify WebLaF’s language.xml file, you should simply provide your own dictionary with the same keys (full key = prefix1 + “.” + prefix2 + “.” + … + “.” + key).

I also recommend you to read article about LanguageManager: http://weblookandfeel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69

11. David Archanjo
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 22:21:09

Hi Mikle,
    I’ve just update my projects with the new release of weblaf, i.e. v1.21. I had to do some additions on it, in order to fill my requirements.
    Hence, how can I send them to you to examine and assess whether they would be worth to be added to the main project. Maybe these additions can be favorable for others as well as for you.

See ya…

Sep 25, 2013 @ 23:23:05

Hi David, you can send your changes to me at anytime (to email or make a pull request on GitHub) and if they won’t harm WebLaF in any way i will surely add them πŸ™‚

12. David Archanjo
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 01:08:53

Hi, first of all, congrats for your great job man. You’re the best.
    So, when I tried to run the last demo you released, I got the following error.
    Checking the demo jar’s structure, I could see that really such method doesn’t exist.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.alee.examples.content.IconProgress.setMargin(I)
    Lcom/alee/laf/panel/WebPanel;
    at com.alee.examples.content.IconProgress.(Unknown Source)
    at com.alee.examples.WebLookAndFeelDemo.createProgressDialog(Unknown Source)
    at com.alee.examples.WebLookAndFeelDemo.(Unknown Source)
    at com.alee.examples.WebLookAndFeelDemo.getInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.alee.examples.WebLookAndFeelDemo.runDemo(Unknown Source)
    at com.alee.examples.WebLookAndFeelDemo.main(Unknown Source)

Just FYI…
    David Archanjo

Sep 11, 2013 @ 15:00:08

Thanks πŸ™‚

And about the exception – that method exists for a long time already and the place you encountered the exception wasn’t changed for long time as well.

I need a bit more information to investigate this case:
      – Which demo version did you try?
      – What JDK did you use?
      – What is your OS?

• David Archanjo
        Sep 12, 2013 @ 10:09:44

Hi Mikle,
        I’ve downloaded weblaf-demo-1.20.jar. To confirm my findings, I used a hook tool against the jar to check out the existence of the ‘setMargin()’ under the class com.alee.examples.content.IconProgress, and really it is non-present.

My machine is a Win 7, and the jdk version is 7.25, even though I thought such problem has no relationship with the OS and jdk version being used.

By the way, thks for your prompt reply man. I’ve being used your laf in a project of mine and I wanna keep it up to date with the most recent stuffs.

Sep 12, 2013 @ 11:26:44

I guess you are right that this problem has no connection with OS/JDK – i guess its just a corrupted demo archive. Where did you get the demo from – this site or GitHub releases?

Though i just tested both of them – they are totally fine and the problematic method exists in their JARs. Maybe your file downloader (i guess that was some browser) failed or you got a connection issue while downloading that file and you got a corrupted version?

And anyway, i am ready to help with any kind of issues anytime. Comments might not be the best and convenient way to hold a discussion though πŸ™‚ – I’m not even sure if you are getting notifications about my answers or not (but you should i guess).

• David Archanjo
            Sep 13, 2013 @ 00:02:50

In fact, I downloaded twice from this site and got the same issue.
            Anyhow, I’m gonna try it from GitHub.

Thks,

Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:18:18

That is really strange.
              What is your browser/download manager?

• David Archanjo
                Sep 15, 2013 @ 00:52:44

Hi Mikle,
                Finally I got it working smoothly. It’s pretty cool the new notification feature. Once again, congrats man, nice job.

Sep 15, 2013 @ 03:21:52

Thanks! And i’m still eager to know – what was the cause of your problems? πŸ™‚

13. bonis
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 17:05:54

Hi , you have done a great job . Congrats
    Although when i minimize the window is not opening again and i have to close it and then open it again.. Any idea ??

Sep 04, 2013 @ 17:07:48

Thanks πŸ™‚

And which window are you talking about?
      The demo application? Or some decorated frame?
      I really need some more information to investigate the cause.

14. Giannos Hadjipanayis
    Aug 27, 2013 @ 10:05:49

You have created the most beautiful LaF by far!
    Great job

Aug 27, 2013 @ 10:22:15

Thanks! πŸ™‚

15. saliya
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 16:29:50

this is AWESOME !!!! , Thank you Very Much !!!

can you make this components able to drag and drop from Net Beans Pallet manger ?

that will be very help full πŸ™‚

thanks any way !!!

Aug 21, 2013 @ 16:34:55

I will check and see if it is possible to add WebLaF components into NetBeans palette. I bet that will require some changes and fixes.

Anyway, here is the GitHub issue for this enhancement:
      I will post all updates on your request there.

16. Alejandro Celaya
    Apr 27, 2013 @ 22:36:32

Amazing Look and Feel!!
    I am using it on all my Open Source projects from now on.

Apr 28, 2013 @ 01:41:21

Thanks!
      You won’t regret using WebLaF πŸ™‚

17. graham
    Apr 07, 2013 @ 19:06:39

Hi

I don’t seem able to download your .jar files. When I click on them nothing happens. Is there another way to obtains the bins?

Thanks.

Graham

Apr 07, 2013 @ 20:41:03

Try right-clicking the link and using “Save as…” menu item.
      There is indeed some problem with downloading in a few browsers.

Apr 08, 2013 @ 12:35:09

I guess i found the problem source, should be working now πŸ™‚

18. Francis
    Apr 03, 2013 @ 04:08:22

WebLookAndFeel is the best and most beautiful LNF I’ve ever seen, it’s a sleek design and it doesn’t reduce application performance. Kudos to you guys, it’s a great work that you’ve done

Apr 03, 2013 @ 04:34:18

Thanks for the kind words!
      Upcoming versions will bring even more awesomeness to the L&F πŸ™‚

19. Abu Abdullah
    Apr 02, 2013 @ 08:14:05

JavaDoc.zip link is broken

Apr 02, 2013 @ 11:08:37

Indeed, thanks for pointing out!
      I have fixed it πŸ™‚

20. med
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 00:58:09

thanks but i find sum bug in webdatefiled

Feb 20, 2013 @ 11:02:01

What exactly doesn’t work or is bugged?

• med
        Feb 22, 2013 @ 04:14:56

i think webdatefiled working fine
        but
        when i declare JFileChooser the frame return blank page

and in jxcolorselectionButton the compilation print okay in output ,i think you forget some test
        I apologize for my bad English
        thanks a lot

Feb 22, 2013 @ 12:07:03

JFileChooser’s UI is not yet implemented, its coming live soon.

About jxcolorselectionButton – its not a WebLaF library component.
          It comes from SwingX library. So i cannot fix that problem πŸ™‚

• Ricardo Ribeiro
            Mar 18, 2013 @ 08:00:11

Hi, i just found out about your style today. And i must say I am pretty much impressed with it.

You have done a excelent job. It’s, by far the best java LaF i ever seen.

A shame i can’t seem to find the javadoc for it.

Regarding the inexistence of the LaF for filechoosers, i found a work around for anyone interested. by Ricochet in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2282211/windows-look-and-feel-for-jfilechooser .

While it doesn’t work, per say exactly like it is there if you adapt it it does work. You just have to replace all FileChoosers with your extension of the class.

Mar 19, 2013 @ 14:39:19

Thanks for the kind words πŸ™‚

I’m currently working on JavaDoc, some parts of it already available in SVN. Also you can easily build it using the ANT script provided with sources. Full JavaDoc will be available in final v.1.4 release – i will post it on the site aswell (in both HTML and zipped versions).

About file chooser component – i don’t want to make any workarounds now because the actual WebFileChooserUI is coming live pretty soon. Any workaround will just delay the release.