Futurico / Dark Scheme

Request new features and improvements you want to see in WebLaF.
I will answer any request so don't hesitate and post it!

Futurico / Dark Scheme

Postby eisbaer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi,

first of all I want to say congratulations to this absolutely brilliant looking laf!

I am actually looking for a laf which provides a nice dark scheme (black or dark gray background, light text color etc.). So my question is: In the demo there is the "futurico" tab which seems to be doing what I'm looking for. Is this a scheme I can globally activate (without having to tune the colors of each and every button). And if so, does this support all standard controls, like sliders, combo, tabs, etc.?

The only minor issue I see is with the selection color, or rather non-color. It's very difficult to say which item is currently selected in a menu or list or combo box, I think a higher contrast paint would be better there.

Otherwise, great job, and it feels snappy, too!
eisbaer

Re: Futurico / Dark Scheme

Postby mgarin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks!

About the dark theme and Futurico...

Futurico is not a theme - it is just a group of examples how some of WebLaF components could be quickly styled using 9-patch image or painters (later all of WebLaF components will be stylable). Same goes for the Android example and some separate painter examples. So unfortunately you cannot simply use a dark theme for WebLaF at the moment.

But i already have a StyleManager planned that will unite all style settings and features and will make themes creation and usage possible. Then i might add a few alternative themes for WebLaF. I guess dark will be the first one since it seems to be popular nowadays :)

I can tell a bit more about the StyleManager that will be coming in later versions if you are interested...

P.S. Futurico component styles are based on this UI pack:
http://designmodo.com/futurico/
mgarin
Site Admin

Postby mgarin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 am

Marking solved.
mgarin
Site Admin

Postby eisbaer » Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Ok. Doing myself design work is a bit beyond my time resources right now, but I'll keep an eye on Web Look and Feel, I think it's one of the best open source look and feels around.
eisbaer

Postby mgarin » Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks! I hope i will reach the styling part soon enough - would love to make a dark theme using the new WebLaF styling features by myself :)
mgarin
Site Admin

Postby mgarin » Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

By the way - i moved this topic into suggestions instead.
I will mark this SOLVED as soon as the dark theme added :)
mgarin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions